Practice Support Lead / Senior Paralegal - Dandenong
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professionals who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are fortunate to work with people across a range of personal injury litigation matters. With over 40 branches across Australia, we continue to progress and grow our practices aiming for the best results for their clients. A hands-on approach at all levels means that Shine Lawyers is a law firm willing to tackle multi-nationals or explore home grown issues in the fight for justice. Shine Lawyers is now seeking a driven and experienced full time, permanent Practice Support Lead / Senior Paralegal to join the team in Dandenong.
- In collaboration with the Legal Practice Manager, recruit, manage, coach and mentor all legal support team members, completing performance reviews and personal and professional development plans
- Manage the administrative, transactional and non-legal operations of the office/region, in collaboration with the Legal Practice Manager.
- Drive the administrative workflow for the branch/region, with a focus ensuring fee earners and authors are enabled to exceed annual targets, ensuring KPI’s are set and targets are met or exceeded in relation to effective time recording, productivity and recoverability and minimising net WIP write offs.
- Proactively build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients, providing regular and effective communication whilst managing the client’s expectations.
- Lead and coordinate projects focused on continuous improvement and process enhancement
- Provide chargeable administrative and paralegal support to authors in obtaining maximum compensation for clients from file opening to closure.
- Utilise internal case management systems, including Elite, effectively and in accordance with Shine requirements.
- Apply a proficient understanding of relevant legislation, proficient legal and procedural knowledge and an ability to interpret legislation, legal and other correspondence and documentation.
- Draft legal documents, briefs and correspondence in a concise, timely and effective manner.
- Seek professional guidance and development from authors and managers where appropriate.
- Demonstrate a commitment to upholding the firm's core values and behavioural standards.
- Actively contribute to building a positive external profile and brand of the branch/department.
- Proactively build strong relationships in the team and across Shine, creating a positive and progressive working environment
- Minimum 2 years senior paralegal experience
- Previous Personal Injury paralegal experience
- Proficient computer literacy
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to proactively manage own workload and guide the workload of others
- Proven ability to identify efficiencies and impact continuous improvement
- Experience coaching and developing others is desirable
- Previous leadership experience is desirable
What we offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.