Solicitor - Newcastle
Come and right wrong with us. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference. We are fortunate to work with people across a range of personal injury litigation matters. Our offices across Australia continue to progress and grow their practices aiming for the best results for their clients. A hands-on approach at all levels means that Shine is a law firm willing to tackle multi-nationals or explore home grown issues in the fight for justice.
Due to increased workload, this Solicitor opportunity is available in our Newcastle branch on a full-time permanent basis. This role is an excellent development opportunity for a Solicitor with personal injury experience, to work in a cohesive team environment, while enjoying the backing of a national law firm (e.g. specialised new client enquiries team; marketing; etc).
Please note that although this role is full-time in its nature, we will consider applicants who are looking for a formalised flexible work arrangement, working 4 days per week.
- Competently manage and progress a variety of personal injury matters with workers compensation, work injury damages and coal mining matters
- Draft legal documents in a concise and effective manner
- Interpret legal advice to each client's particular case to suit their level of understanding
- Be commercially responsible and fiscally aware, in relation to running files
- Effectively assess claims including liability and quantum
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with clients, including effective and regular communication and managing the client's expectations
- Take an active role in working with and mentoring juniors solicitor, law clerks, paralegal and admin staff
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a solicitor
- Exposure across personal injuries will be advantageous
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage large volumes of files
- Enjoy working on legally challenging and factually complex matters
- High standard of legal drafting skills
- Maturity and confidence to communicate with clients with mental health issues
- A desire to be part of a strong and cohesive team
- Ability to communicate effectively with experts in multiple fields
What we offer
An ASX-listed company with great aspirations. We are future focussed, with an aim to grow the business within our existing and new practice areas and geographic regions. We seek like-minded people, who are passionate about righting wrong and putting the client first. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Enjoy a cohesive team environment with the shared services benefits of a large firm
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.