Third Party Debtors Officer
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professionals who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are currently seeking a Third Party Debtors Officer, to join our friendly Settlement Services Team on a full time permanent basis, based in our Epping office.
This role is responsible for ensuring the effective management and protection of Shines interest in matters which move to new law firms, are terminated by Shine or are terminated by the client. Organising and managing notifications to new Law Firms, Defendant Solicitors and Insurers to establish Shine’s lien over file. Attending to file auditing prior to dispatch to new law firm, arranging itemised accounts and tax invoices and pursuing recovery of Shine's costs and Disbursements in a timely manner conscious of cost, quality and timeliness.
This is a great opportunity to manage a portfolio of your own and showcase your negotiation skills with legal professionals and other professional service providers.
- Liaise with Shine authors, defendant solicitors and insurance companies
- Manage the recovery of accrued fees and paid disbursements
- Compile and forward file information for Third Party Clients
- Liaise with internal legal and Legal Costing teams & departments
- Reconcile costs and prepare Reconciliation Sheets for billing
- Prepare notifications to new law firm, defendant solicitors & Insurers to establish Shine’s Lien over file.
- Monitor own file velocity
- Participate in daily huddles and provide feedback to Team Leader about roadblocks etc.
- Participate in review sessions with Team Leader regarding status of all matters.
- Ensure workflow is completed as allocated
- Ensure visual management board is up to date
- Complete “bring ups” daily
- Display great team member behaviours
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all employees in the firm.
- Following all policies and procedures of the firm, in particular those relating to equal opportunity, occupational health & safety and client confidentiality
- Display and champion Shine behaviours
- Carrying out all other duties or tasks as directed by Leader Third Party Debtors and Collections.
- Contribute ideas towards improving processes to make workflow more efficient and easy to complete.
- Assist team members where possible
- Current law students or those about to be qualified are highly encouraged to apply
- Planning and Organising
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.