Team Leader/Senior Solicitor – Super & Disability
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professionals who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have strong national Superannuation & Disability team at Shine. Our Solicitors, Claims Managers, Paralegals, Client Interviewers and Investigations Officers work on a number of complex insurance claims and superannuation matters, guiding clients towards the best possible outcome under their insurance policy arrangements. We don't shy away from a fight, and we continually challenge the insurers head on to ensure justice prevails. Continued growth in the department has led to another opportunity to join this high-performing team, which strongly believes in being ahead of the pack.
We are currently seeking a Team Leader/Senior Solicitor, to lead a team of Claims Managers, working from our Brisbane CBD Head Office, on a full time basis.
Please note that this role is a maternity leave contract until December 2020, however, opportunities for development may exist for the right candidate, dependent on business needs.
- Lead a team of Claims Managers working on quality Superannuation & Disability files
- Take an active role in working with and mentoring Solicitors, Law Clerks, Paralegals and Administrative staff
- Be commercially responsible and fiscally aware, in relation to running files
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with clients, including effective and regular communication and managing the client's expectations
- Ensure all matters managed in line with Shine’s case management approach
- Work closely with management to ensure the function is working efficiently and effectively, including staff performance
- With Branch Managers work on Business Development activities
- Minimum 4+ years PAE
- Superannuation & Disability Insurance Claims experience is required
- Appeals and litigation expertise is essential
- Enjoy working on legally challenging and factually complex matters
- Maturity and confidence to deal with staff issues, clients, senior and junior counsel and expert witnesses
- Knowledge of Insurance Contracts Act and Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act claims
- A passionate individual who wants to take this business to the next level
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.