Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, are committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for people who need our help. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
Shine is fortunate to work with people across a range of personal litigation matters in 40+ offices nationwide. Delivering this message to the general public and so many potential clients is handled by our dynamic marketing and media team who use commercial acumen, creativity and a strong work ethic to assist the growth of each of our practices. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Media Advisor to support the law firm with a difference that always aims for the best results for its clients.
As the Media Advisor based in Brisbane CBD Head Office, you will manage media enquiries for several of our national practices, and liaise with the media daily to ensure our reputation reflects the hard work we do for our deserving clients every day. Your experience with the media will help to ensure our clients have a strong voice and assist in raising awareness of our practice areas. Your role will involve:
- Executing media strategies in consultation with the Marketing Manager to ensure maximum reach and value for our clients and our spokespeople.
- Developing strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders to understand business objectives and promote the important work we do for our clients every day.
- Developing media relationships for the firm which benefit our ability to deliver quality timely news commentary that positions our spokespeople as thought leaders in their practice areas.
- Writing polished content and news pieces for the Shine website, blog, and social media platforms.
- Producing and execute submissions for industry awards.
- Providing media advice and training to senior staff, facilitate interviews and logistics and prepare key messages.
- Developing and hosting media lunches with key journalists interested in the legal commentary Shine experts can provide to breaking news stories
- Work closely with the existing marketing team to deliver joint marketing campaigns which connect with our current and future clients.
- Significant demonstrated experience in public relations/media
- Degree in journalism, or communications/public relations
- Recent experience in a newsroom would be highly regarded
- Exceptional communication skills - Experience writing for internal and external audiences
- Experience in or consulting to professional services firms advantageous
- Strong team player who enjoys working to tight deadlines and understands the news cycle
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
Please note that although this role is ideally full time, opportunities for flexibility do exist for the successful applicant.
We look forward to receiving your application