Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a strong Medical Law presence in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.
Our Solicitors, Law Clerks, Paralegals and Administration teams have worked on a number of major claims including many prominent cases involving catastrophic injuries to the brain and spine.
Significant growth in both our team and in media exposure has seen an organic increase in clients choosing to be represented by this high-performing team.
We have a unique opportunity available within our expert Medical Law practice as the first point of contact of all new Medical Law enquiries nationally, as a Medical-Legal Consultant, in Brisbane CBD, on a full time permanent basis.
You may have a background in nursing, or medical negligence within the legal or insurance industry, and be looking for an opportunity to enlist your specialist knowledge to help right wrong.
In this unique, autonomous role, you'll be:
- Facilitating a proactive, professional service to produce a positive client experience for all new clients within the Medical Law practice area
- Formally qualified with the minimum undergraduate qualification in Nursing, Medicine or Allied Health, or hold a qualification in Law
- Partnering with our contact centre team to identify opportunities nationally and manage enquiries to resolution
- Managing client enquiries, interviews, and post-interview activities, including drawing medical chronologies
- Initiating and nurturing robust, quality relationships with clients and assisting them to gain access to local supports
- Preparing medical and/or legal documents and general correspondence
- Working closely with our Medical Law team members to ensure we are delivering excellent client care
- Practical experience in the medical field or the medico-legal field is essential
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, medical guidelines, practices and protocols is essential
- Exposure to medical law claim process is highly preferable
- Exceptional communication skills and client-focused organisational skills
- Tenacity for complex problem-solving and a natural curiosity to listen to clients to determine the right pathway to assistance
- High level of responsiveness to client needs and follow up on legal and administrative processes
- Strong team orientation
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do.
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.