Senior Solicitor - Commercial Disputes
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professionals who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are fortunate to work with institutions and individuals across a range of litigation matters. Our offices across Australia continue to progress and grow our practices aiming for the best results for our clients.
Shine Lawyers' Commercial Disputes practice specialises in contentious commercial matters, including contractual disputes, insolvency litigation, professional negligence claims. We provide a full range of litigation and advisory services to individuals, businesses, liquidators and bankruptcy trustees. The team is fully committed to the entire litigation process from beginning to end, regardless of the duration or obstacles encountered.
We now have an opportunity for a Solicitor or Senior Solicitor to be part of our progressive New South Wales practice, in Sydney CBD. Although our preference is for full time, we are open to considering candidates wishing to work four days per week, or similar.
- Play a key role in Shine's Commercial Disputes practice, advising and acting for individuals, companies, official liquidators, bankruptcy trustees in a variety of commercial disputes.
- Support senior practitioners with carriage of complex and hard-fought commercial litigation matters in every jurisdiction, including Federal Court, Supreme Court and appellate court work.
- Draft legal documents and correspondence in a concise and effective manner
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with clients, including effective and regular communication and managing client expectations
- Actively mentor Law Clerks, Paralegals and Administrative team members
- Work closely with Shine's PR team to generate awareness and build clientele
- Minimum three years post-admission experience.
- Experience in commercial litigation, professional negligence, financial services litigation, or contentious insolvency work.
- Demonstrated initiative and autonomy
- Strong interest in a long term career in commercial litigation.
- Proven communication and relationship building skills
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application