Solicitor - Abuse Law
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professionals who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a motivated and expert team assisting primarily survivors of abuse. This dedicated team of Solicitors, Law Clerks, Paralegals and Admin Assistants work on numerous cases to make a real difference in the lives of their clients. In response to increased demand to secure resolutions for our deserving clients, an opportunity has arisen for a Solicitor to join a supportive and friendly team, who strongly believe in handling our clients' claims with empathy and a willingness to think creatively. This is a full time permanent role, based in Sydney CBD.
Although Abuse Law experience across any jurisdiction is highly preferable, it's not essential for success - we are open to mentoring an eager and dedicated solicitor. So, if you are a personal injuries solicitor keen to assist vulnerable people with achieving justice, and bring sensitivity and expertise to the table, this may be your next move.
- Provide clients with legal advice and representation to obtain compensation
- Work across a variety of client matters that require a high level of sensitivity
- Provide legal advice to each client's particular case to suit their level of understanding
- Develop and maintain strong, empathetic working relationship with clients experiencing trauma
- Draft legal documentation with a high degree of attention to detail
- Manage and run a file load
- Minimum 2 years PAE, with exposure to personal injury law
- Ability to manage large volumes of documents
- Enjoy working on legally challenging and factually complex matters
- Maturity and confidence to deal with clients, senior and junior counsel and expert witnesses
- A desire to be part of a strong, cohesive team that works together to get great results
- Ability to communicate effectively with experts in multiple fields
- Demystifying the legal process to non-lawyers unfamiliar with the legal system
- Passionate individual who wants to take this business to the next level
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application