Paralegal or Senior Paralegal - Major Claims
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional people, who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
Shine Lawyers’ Major Claims team strives to ensure justice is delivered to our clients who have endured serious and catastrophic injuries. The team is fully committed to the entire litigation process from beginning to end, regardless of the duration or obstacles encountered.
Due to increasing demand for our high levels of expertise and care, resulting in internal promotion, we offer an opportunity for a Paralegal or Senior Paralegal to join our cohesive and driven Major Claims team in Brisbane. We need someone who is driven by providing piece of mind, comfort and some positivity to the lives of those who are truly deserving.
We are ideally seeking a significantly experienced paralegal, however are open to considering paralegals at all stages of their career.
- Assist two Solicitors with the day-to-day operations of files/client management
- Manage complex databases of information
- Devise systems to support information retention and accessibility
- Prepare matters for hearing, court documents, legal documents and general correspondence
- Assist clients with enquiries
- Prepare simple correspondence and documents as directed
- Brief and liaise with counsel
- Correspond, brief and liaise with medical practitioners and other experts
- Demonstrated experience as a paralegal, within the personal injuries space
- Client service oriented, with strong communication skills and prior experience handling customer complaints
- Well-refined organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise a high volume workload
- Excellent attention to detail, and a good understanding of pre-court and court processes and writing effective briefs
- The ability to build great relationships and rapport with both internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable to work well under pressure, when needed
- The ability to work as part of a team, and show great commitment and strong work ethic
- A self motivated attitude, with great initiative
- Strong MS Office skills
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application