Solicitor - Employment Law
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a strong Employment Law practice that services clients across Australia. Our Employment law team is experienced in all aspects of workplace rights including discrimination in the workplace matters, wrongful termination, and pride ourselves on handling claims with discretion, diplomacy and determination.
Due to continued success and growth, we are offering a career-defining opportunity for a talented Solicitor to join our Employment Law team on a full time, permanent basis, in Sydney, CBD. In this newly created role, you’ll work closely with an international senior expert in the field. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Solicitor seeking a pathway to associateship, remaining autonomous in your role whilst receiving mentorship from experienced Employment Law specialists.
You’ll be a mid-level employment lawyer, with experience developed from either in-house, private practice, a union or an employer association, with an understanding of a variety of employment law matters, knowledge of Fair Work Commission rules and procedures, as well as able to prosecute matters that fall outside of the jurisdiction of the Fair Work Act..
- Manage a mixed portfolio of FWA work and State and National harassment work
- Manage a variety of clients, conducting telephone legal consultations and providing advice
- Gather evidence, and draw formal written advices
- Prepare matters for mediation and other formal and informal settlement conference
- Appear in Federal Court and the Federal Circuit Court as well as State based Courts as needed
- Advocate for clients at conciliation conferences at the Fair Work Commission
- Utilise your legal expertise to become a thought leader, writing blogs, online content and thought pieces for various Shine and external media
- Engage with two highly experienced and exceptional Employment Law specialists
- With Shine's PR team, participate in business development activities to generate awareness and build clientele
- 4 years plus post admission experience
- Demonstrated relevant experience in employment law, including general protection claims, unfair dismissal, , discrimination matters, dispute resolution and advocacy
- Familiarity with and exposure to National and State Based sexual harassment commissions and their procedures
- Knowledge and application of Court and Fair Work Commission rules and procedures;
- Confidence appearing in federal court, and conducting conferences, conciliation and mediations
- Understanding of prosecuting breach of contract claims that fall outside the jurisdiction of the FWA
- A strong work ethic, with a desire to get the best outcomes for your clients
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work with senior experts, colleagues, and counsel
- Strong technology skills including MS Office, Microsoft Excel, and other document management systems
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations; growing emerging practice areas. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.