Human Resources Manager
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
Working in a hands-on team, focused on linking operational HR matters with corporate strategies, we have a wealth of legal industry knowledge coupled with significant expertise across end to end people practices. Our wider People & Culture team has expertise in Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition and Employee Relations, which creates an ongoing opportunity for individual development through peer learning. We are now seeking an engaging and driven Human Resources Manager to lead our friendly and dedicated HR Operations team, on a permanent full-time basis, in our Brisbane CBD Head Office.
Reporting to the Head of People & Culture, your strong people leadership skills will see you lead, mentor and develop a dedicated and talented team comprised of HR Business Partners, Safety & Wellness, and Talent Acquisition specialists, with five direct reports and a broader team of eight.
You’ll be highly motivated by seeing your team deliver on people strategies and initiatives that align with our broader business strategy. As a commercially minded individual, with an extraordinary ability to build and maintain influential working relationships at all levels, you’ll excel at seeing the “big picture”, coaching our HR team on delivering people solutions that enable strong business outcomes, in a fast-paced environment.
Other duties include:
- Develop a broader people plan to drive and deliver strategic people solutions
- Provide input and feedback on the design of firm wide people programs to ensure effectiveness for the business
- Oversee and manage the reward and recognition program, as well as the performance management process
- Take a flexible and adaptable approach to resolving matters for key stakeholders with commercial outcomes in mind
- Provide expert guidance and support to HR Business Partners on ER matters, as well as acting as a point of escalation for complex issues
- Oversee national wellness initiatives, and act as a point of escalation for complex or serious injury management matters
- Oversee a best practice end to end recruitment process, including positive and impactful initiatives and programs
- Provide insightful and engaging analysis of key people metrics and reporting
- Proven success in a HR Manager role, ideally in a professional services environment
- Extensive knowledge of current People and Culture principles, best practice, frameworks and trends
- Technical expertise in employment law legislation, with the ability to handle complex ER matters
- Sound decision making skills
- A strong focus on stakeholder management, with the ability to influence, yet be adaptable and collaborative
- Sound knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety legislative and regulatory requirements
- Thorough understanding of Talent Acquisition principles and methodologies
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the desire to build and nurture effective working relationships,
- Strong ability to develop and execute strategic skills, business acumen, commercial awareness and skilled in managing multiple stakeholders and competing, challenging priorities and initiatives
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong technological skills with the ability to learn new systems, software and programs quickly
- Bachelor in Human Resources Management or Business would be advantageous
- Return to work coordinator accreditation is desirable but not essential for success
With a dispersed group of stakeholders across a number of regional branches, some interstate and intermittent intrastate travel will be required in this role. As such, applicants will need a current open drivers licence.
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application