Paralegal - Abuse Law
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professionals, who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are fortunate to work with people across a range of personal injury litigation matters. With over 40 branches across Australia, we continue to progress and grow our practices aiming for the best results for their clients. A hands-on approach at all levels means that Shine is a law firm willing to tackle multi-nationals or explore home grown issues in the fight for justice.
This dedicated team of Solicitors, Law Clerks, and Administration Assistants work on numerous cases to make a real difference in the lives of their clients. With our focus of securing the very best resolutions for our deserving clients, a full-time Paralegal opportunity has arisen, in our Abuse Law team in Toowoomba.
This role is an ideal opportunity for a savvy and ambitious law student who is excited to take the first step in their legal career, and who strongly believes in handling our clients' claims with empathy and a willingness to think creatively. Due to the sensitive nature of our clients needs in this area, this role requires a high level of resilience and interpersonal sensitivity.
Please note that although this role is initially a full time, six month maternity leave contract, opportunities for extension or permanency may exist for the right candidate.
- Assist Solicitors and Paralegals with the day-to-day operations of files/client management and handling claims
- Be the first point of contact for clients
- Prepare matters for conference and hearing including preparation of court documents, legal documents and general correspondence
- Correspond, brief and liaise with Counsel, medical practitioners and other experts
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships both internally and external to the organisation
- Assist clients with their enquiries
- Manage complex databases of information
- Experience working within a law firm, ideally with some exposure in Personal Injury law.
- Strong written skills in drafting legal documentation and other correspondence
- Client service oriented, with excellent communication skills
- Well refined organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of pre-court and court processes
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and show great commitment
- Comfortable to work under pressure when needed
What We Offer
A national ASX-listed company with great aspirations, growth and emerging practice areas. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application