Medical-Legal Liaison Consultant - Medical Law - Brisbane
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have strong Medical Law presence in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. Our Solicitors, Law Clerks, Paralegals and Administration teams have worked on a number of major claims including the highest award for damages in Queensland history by our local team in Mules v Ferguson 2015. Significant growth in both our team and in media exposure has seen an organic increase in clients choosing to be represented by this high-performing team. We have created a new role within our Medical Law practice as the first point of contact of all new Medical Law enquiries nationally.
You may have a background in nursing or medical negligence within the insurance industry and be looking for an opportunity to enlist your specialist knowledge to help right wrong.
We have a unique opportunity for a Medical-Legal Liaison Officer within our expert Medical Law team in Brisbane's Central Business District.
In this unique, autonomous role, you'll be:
- Facilitating a proactive, professional service to produce positive client experience for all new clients within the Medical Law practice area
- Formally qualified with the minimum undergraduate qualification in Nursing, Medicine or Allied Health
- Partnering with our contact centre team to identify opportunities nationally and manage enquiries to resolution
- Managing client enquiries, interview, and post-interview activities to improve client satisfaction, returning an uplift in client referrals
- Initiating and nurturing robust, quality relationships with clients and actioning any follow-up activities
- Preparing medical and/or legal documents and general correspondence
- Ensuring all clients, local and geographically remote, receive high quality service from initial enquiry to follow up and engagement
- Establishing and preserving strong working relationships with Medical Law team members
- Providing the highest quality service levels
- Identifying process improvements and focusing on continuous improvement to ensure clients’ needs remain central to our cause
- Practical experience in the medical field - essential
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, medical guidelines, practices and protocols - essential
- Exposure to medical law claim process – highly preferable
- Exceptional communication skills and client-focused organisational skills
- Exposure to productivity measures and demonstrated experience in continuous improvement in a medical environment
- Tenacity for complex problem-solving and a natural curiosity to listen to clients to determine the right pathway to assistance
- High level of responsiveness to client needs and follow up on administrative processes
- Strong team orientation
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do.
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment