Paralegal - Bundaberg
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professionals who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are fortunate to work with people across a range of personal injury litigation matters. With over 40 branches across Australia, we continue to progress and grow our practices aiming for the best results for their clients. A hands-on approach at all levels means that Shine is a law firm willing to tackle multi-nationals or explore home grown issues in the fight for justice.
We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference. We are fortunate to work with people across a range of personal injury litigation matters. Our offices across Australia continue to progress and grow their practices aiming for the best results for their clients. A hands-on approach at all levels means that Shine is a law firm willing to tackle multi-nationals or explore home grown issues in the fight for justice.
An amazing opportunity has arisen to grow your Personal Injury legal career in Wide Bay-Burnett region's major centre of Bundaberg. You may be a Law student that has some Personal Injury experience working in a law firm, or a CBD-based legal support professional keen for a new start in a beachside environment.
Our team is seeking a driven and enthusiastic Paralegal (Personal Injury) to join us.
Full time - 5 days per week or we would also consider applications from candidates seeking part-time working arrangements
- Assist Solicitors with the day-to-day operations of files/client management
- Working with mixed PI files
- Manage complex databases of information
- Prepare matters for hearing, court documents, legal documents and general correspondence
- Assist clients with enquiries
- Prepare simple correspondence and documents as directed
- Brief and liaise with counsel
- Correspond, brief and liaise with medical practitioners and other experts
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships both internally and external to the organisation
- Minimum 12 months' personal injury experience in a Paralegal/Law Clerk role preferred
- Experience with PI files (MVA/PL and/or Workers' Compensation) is preferred
- Client service oriented, strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of Pre-court and Court processes
- Proactive, self-starter and displays initiative
- Ability to show great commitment and see matters to conference collectively as a team
- Comfortable to work under pressure when needed
- Strong MS Office skills
- Experience using Elite would be advantageous
A national ASX-listed company with great aspirations, growth and emerging practice areas. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application