Solicitor - Class Actions (Commercial Litigation) - Sydney CBD
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a strong Class Actions presence in Queensland and New South Wales. We are working on some of the nation's largest Class Actions. Shine's reputation as a leader in the Class Actions space has seen an organic increase in the number and size of the Class Actions being handled by this high-performing team and consequently strong growth in the size of the department itself.
Due to continued success and growth, we are offering a career defining opportunity for a Solicitor to join our Class Actions team in Sydney, CBD. This growth presents a dual-focused opportunity for a mid-level solicitor to enjoy the eclectic industry mix of existing shareholder and financial services matters while investigating new class actions.
- Be involved in some of the biggest cases in the country
- Analyse evidence, work with experts and develop complex liability arguments
- Draft legal documents and correspondence in a concise and effective manner
- Assist with group member management and quantification of class losses
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with stakeholders in class actions including clients and funders, effective and regular communication and managing the clients' expectations
- Take an active role in working with and mentoring Law Clerks, Paralegals and Administrative professionals
- Work with other class action specialists on cases Australia-wide
- Engage with two highly experienced and exceptional Principals leading the NSW team
- With Shine's PR team, participate in business development activities to generate awareness and build clientele
- Sydney CBD location
- 2-3 years PAE minimum
- Basic knowledge of financial markets preferable but not essential
- Breadth of commercial litigation experience
- Class action background preferable but not essential
- Ability to work cohesively and effectively as a team member
- Ability to work with and manage large volumes of complex documents and reports
- Strong communication skills including the ability to with senior experts, colleagues, counsel and funders
- Strong technology skills including MS Office, Microsoft Excel, electronic discovery databases and other document management systems
- Strong attention to detail and research skills
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations; growing emerging practice areas. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.