Solicitor - Insolvency & Commercial Litigation
At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to advance our clients' interests at every step.
We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professionals who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference. We are fortunate to work with institutions and individuals across a range of litigation matters. Our offices across Australia continue to progress and grow our practices aiming for the best results for our clients.
Shine Lawyers' Insolvency practice specialises in contentious insolvency and debt litigation. Embedded in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, we provide a full range of litigation and advisory services to liquidators, bankruptcy trustees, companies, company directors and creditors in relation to asset and debt recovery. The team is fully committed to the entire litigation process from beginning to end, regardless of the duration or obstacles encountered.
We have an opportunity for a Solicitor to be part of our progressive New South Wales practice.
- Play a key role in Shine's insolvency practice advising official liquidators, bankruptcy trustees, company directors and individuals on all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency
- Support senior practitioners with carriage of complex and hard-fought commercial litigation matters in every jurisdiction, including Federal Court, Supreme Court and appellate court work
- Draft legal documents and correspondence in a concise and effective manner
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with clients, including effective and regular communication and managing client expectations
- Actively mentor Law Clerks, Paralegals and Administrative team members
- Provide insolvency law and commercial litigation support on Shine cases Australia-wide
- Work closely with Shine's PR team to generate awareness and build clientele
- Sydney CBD based
- Comprehensive grasp of the law relating to insolvency, corporate law and commercial or damages-based litigation
- PAE 2-3 years
- Demonstrated initiative and autonomy
- Substantial commercial litigation and insolvency background
- Strong interest in a long term career in commercial litigation with an insolvency focus
- Proven communication and relationship building skills
What We Offer
An ASX300 company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application