Group Financial Controller
Come and 'right wrong' with us at Shine Lawyers. We are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, and pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. Our national team consists of 700+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming to work each day to help make a difference.
Within our Brisbane CBD head office corporate service functions, we have a strong team of experienced finance professionals who work alongside our legal staff to progress and grow the practices in our 40+ offices across Australia.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Group Financial Controller to lead and mentor our finance team. With four direct reports, and approximately twenty indirect, you will oversee the Financial Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Disbursement Funding functions. You will be responsible for delivering monthly group consolidations for both profit and cash flow, forecasting, taxation, as well as managing Shine’s relationship with auditors and financiers.
The role requires you to be involved in significant improvement projects, including the integration of a number of subsidiary businesses, and the implementation of new technologies and tools. As Shine continues to innovate for the future, this role will enable you to improve our finance processes and streamline our systems as necessary.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role is a career-defining opportunity for an experienced finance leader to take the next step in their pathway to a CFO role. You will be mentoring our finance teams to success, whilst elevating your own career in the process.
- Proven success in a group financial management role, ideally within the professional services industry
- Demonstrated success in leading high performing teams, in a growing and/or complex environment
- Excellent technical capability and strong practical knowledge of Accounting Standards, Corporations Law, and Taxation
- Ability to influence and lead staff in Finance and Group strategy
- Experience within an ASX-listed firm, and awareness of continuous disclosure requirements
- Exposure to national, complex environments with multiple subsidiaries is highly desirable
- Commercial acumen, with exceptional reporting skills, ideally at the board level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships within the finance team and the Shine group
- Practical problem solving skills, with a solution focused mindset
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Finance degree or equivalent, with a CA or CPA qualification
What We Offer
An ASX-listed company with great aspirations. We are future focussed, with an aim to grow the business within our existing and new practice areas and geographic regions. We seek like-minded people, who are passionate about righting wrong and putting the client first. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.