Paralegal - Abuse Law
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professionals who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a motivated and expert team primarily assisting survivors of abuse. This dedicated team of Solicitors, Law Clerks, Paralegals and Admin Assistants work on numerous cases to make a real difference in the lives of their clients. With our focus of securing the very best resolutions for our deserving clients, a full-time, permanent Paralegal opportunity has arisen for an individual who strongly believes in handling our clients' claims with empathy and a willingness to think creatively.
We are seeking an energetic and driven Paralegal to join our friendly, dedicated team in our Brisbane CBD Head Office, within our Abuse Law practice area. Due to the sensitive nature of our clients needs in this area, this role requires a high level of resilience and interpersonal sensitivity.
- Assist Solicitors with the day-to-day handling of claims
- Answer clients' enquiries
- Collate and draft documents and general correspondence
- Coordinate medico-legal appointments, compulsory conferences and mediations
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships
- Administrative tasks as directed
- Client service orientation, with a strong desire to learn and grow in this legal practice area
- Strong organisational skills with an excellent attention to detail
- Clear sense of self direction and ability to prioritise tasks
- Work under pressure and is self-directed
- Proven ability to work as part of a strong team
- Great attitude and commitment
- Sound paralegal experience in Personal Injury law, or experience in Abuse Law, is ideal, but not essential
What we Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas. Our search is for like-minded, passionate and about righting wrong and putting the client at the hear of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.