Associate/Senior Associate - Class Actions
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a strong Class Actions presence in Australia. We are working on some of the nation's largest Class Actions. Shine's reputation as leaders in the Class Actions space has seen an organic increase in the number and size of the Class Actions being handled by this high-performing team, and, consequently, strong growth in the size of the department itself.
Due to continued success and growth, we are offering a career defining opportunity for a Senior Solicitor to join our Class Actions team in Sydney CBD, on a full time, permanent basis, at the Associate or Senior Associate level. This growth presents a dual-focused opportunity for a senior-level solicitor to enjoy the eclectic industry mix of existing matters while investigating new class actions.
- Be involved in some of the biggest cases in the country
- Analyse evidence, work with experts and develop complex liability arguments
- Draft legal documents and correspondence in a concise and effective manner
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with stakeholders in class actions including clients and funders, effective and regular communication and managing the clients' expectations
- Take an active role in working with and mentoring Law Clerks, Paralegals and Administration professionals
- Work with other class action specialists on cases Australia-wide
- Engage with two highly experienced and exceptional Practice Leaders leading the NSW team
- With Shine's PR team, participate in business development activities to generate awareness and build clientele
- Minimum 5 years post-admission experience
- Extensive commercial litigation experience
- Class actions background highly desirable, but not essential – we’re open to hearing from you if you have a strong commercial litigation background and wish to begin your Class Actions career
- Ability to work cohesively and effectively as a team member
- Ability to work with and manage large volumes of complex documents and reports
- Strong communication skills including the ability to with senior experts, colleagues, counsel and funders
- Strong technology skills including MS Office, electronic discovery databases and other document management systems
- Strong attention to detail and research skills
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations; growing emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.