Senior Solicitor - Medical Law
Brisbane CBD, QLD
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professionals who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a strong Medical Law presence in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, helping our clients achieve justice.
Our Solicitors, Law Clerks, Paralegals and Administration professionals have worked on a number of major claims. Significant growth in our talented team, and also through positive media exposure, has produced an organic increase in clients choosing to be represented by this high-performing team.
We are now seeking an experienced Senior Solicitor in Medical Law to join us in our Brisbane CBD office, on a full time, permanent basis, reporting to our National Special Counsel. This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate individual who wants to take this business to the next level, and continue to build the profile of our specialist Medical Law practice.
- Deliver an excellent standard of client care and develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with our clients
- Manage a portfolio of medical law matters through to settlement whilst also identifying internal referral opportunities
- Obtain maximum financial compensation for all clients suffering a loss by negligent medical professionals
- Draft legal documents to an advanced standard, including correspondence, statements, instructions to experts and all Court documents
- Proactively build the external profile of the Queensland practice identifying opportunities and representing the firm at external events and conferences, also embracing media opportunities
- Proactively network across the industry to develop external relationships with other professionals and closely aligned organisations and building networks and growing the business through referral relationships
- Proactively coach and mentor junior Authors, Law Clerks, Paralegals and Administrative team members
- Achieve and exceed set targets in relation to performance and professional development
- Be commercially responsible and fiscally aware, in relation to running files
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with clients, including effective and regular communication and managing client's expectations
- Contribute to training and development initiatives within the team as required.
- 3 years post-admission experience
- Demonstrated ability as a strong technical lawyer in injury law is essential
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge in the field of medical negligence is highly desirable, however, we are open to strong personal injury solicitors wishing to specialise in medical law
- Ability to manage large volumes of documents and files
- Enjoy working on legally challenging and factually complex matters
- Previous experience directly or indirectly managing junior team members and support staff
- Maturity and confidence to deal with clients, senior and junior counsel and expert witnesses
- A desire to be part of a strong, cohesive team that works together to get great results
- Ability to communicate effectively with experts in multiple fields
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all we do. We offer
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application