Accounts Payable Officer
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
Our busy Accounts Payable team in our Brisbane CBD head office are seeking three talented Accounts Payable Officers to join the team on a full time, permanent basis. This role suits individuals with a high level of attention to detail, who are meticulous in their work, whilst also being able to handle high volumes.
You’ll be able to contribute to a growing team with a focus on process improvement and new implementations, using your commitment to quality and confidence with technology to improve our accounts processes.
- Processing a high volume of invoices accurately against matters and/or ledger accounts
- Maintaining checklists and procedures with an emphasis on process improvement
- Coding invoices to multiple cost centres
- Preparation and execution of bi-weekly and ad-hoc payment runs
- Supplier statement reconciliations, and credit card reconciliations
- Staff expense reimbursements
- End of month processes and reporting
- Reconciliation of major vendor accounts
- Following up of outstanding approvals, and problem solve purchase order and invoicing discrepancies
- Liaison with internal staff and external suppliers, providing sound advice and problem solving
- Assisting to manage the Accounts Payable inbox and handle phone queries
- Demonstrated experience in a similar full- function, high volume Accounts Payable role.
- Experience with purchase orders is highly favourable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with strong skills in Excel is essential
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keen interest to learn, and a strong work ethic
- Willingness to strive to always maintain good working relationships
- Demonstrated organisational ability, in order to be able to prioritise a high volume of tasks
- A high level of attention to detail, with consistent accuracy
- Experience utilising a large ERP such as Oracle, SAP etc.
- Exposure to ChromeRiver, which is being implemented, or similar expense management system, is highly desirable
- Exposure to invoice automation through OCR, a future project, is highly desirable
- Exposure to, or experience with, accounts payable within Thompson Reuters Elite is highly desirable but not essential for success
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.