Paralegal - Maroochydore
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professionals, who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are fortunate to work with people across a range of personal injury litigation matters. With over 40 branches across Australia, we continue to progress and grow our practices aiming for the best results for their clients. A hands-on approach at all levels means that Shine is a law firm willing to tackle multi-nationals or explore home grown issues in the fight for justice.
This dedicated team of Solicitors, Law Clerks, and Admin Assistants work on numerous cases to make a real difference in the lives of their clients. With our focus of securing the very best resolutions for our deserving clients, a permanent Paralegal opportunity has arisen, for an individual who strongly believes in handling our clients' claims with empathy and a willingness to think creatively.
We are seeking an energetic and driven individual to join our Personal Injury practice area, working from our Maroochydore branch, on Queensland’s beautiful Sunshine Coast. Please note that although our preference is for full time hours, we are open to considering candidates wishing to work part time, four days per week.
This role has a strong client focus, with a significant amount of regular client contact, and is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Paralegal who is wanting to stretch themselves, and take even more ownership of client matters.
- Assist Solicitors with the day-to-day operations of files/client management and handling claims
- Be the first point of contact for clients
- Prepare matters for conference and hearing including preparation of court documents, legal documents and general correspondence
- Correspond, brief and liaise with Counsel, medical practitioners and other experts
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships both internally and external to the organisation
- Assist clients with their enquiries
- Manage complex databases of information
- Demonstrated paralegal experience, ideally in the personal injuries space
- Strong written skills in drafting legal documentation and other correspondence
- Client service oriented, with excellent communication skills
- Well refined organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of pre-court and court processes
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and show great commitment
- Comfortable to work under pressure when needed
- Demonstrated experience in motor vehicle accidents and workers' compensation will make your application competitive
What We Offer
A national ASX-listed company with great aspirations, growth and emerging practice areas. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application