Human Resources Business Partner
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
Working in a hands on team focused on linking operational HR matters with corporate strategies, our team has a wealth of legal industry knowledge coupled with significant expertise across end to end people practices. Our wider People & Culture team has expertise in Learning & Organisational Development, Talent Acquisition and Employee Relations, which creates an ongoing opportunity for individual development through peer learning. We are now seeking an engaging and driven Human Resources Business Partner to join our friendly and dedicated team, on a permanent full-time basis, in our Melbourne CBD office.
In this role, your extraordinary ability to build and maintain influential working relationships at all levels will see you partner with your business functions to drive employee engagement and a high performance culture. You’ll coach and support leaders on the full breadth of our people-related programs and initiatives, enhancing their capability and supporting their development. While providing high level of support and guidance across employment relations issues, you will deliver strategic people solutions aligned to the key issues within your business functions.
Other duties include:
- Coach business leaders through all aspects of the employee life cycle supporting them to make appropriate decisions around employee performance, recruitment and selection, on boarding, engagement and talent management
- Partner with General Managers to drive people and engagement strategies and action plans, in line with Shine's operational roadmap
- Work collaboratively with Talent Acquisition, ensuring that the business function is sourcing and selecting the right talent in a timely manner
- Develop a deep understanding of the people issues within the business function including an analysis of key people metrics and workforce analytics
- Provide accurate and timely advice, support, and coaching on people issues in line with Shine values, policy and procedure and legislative frameworks
- Provide input and feedback on the design of firm wide people programs to ensure effectiveness for business functions, and assist in their implementation
- Provide expert support and guidance on employee relations matters
- Proven experience at either the Senior HR Advisor or Business Partner level, ideally in a professional services environment
- Extensive knowledge of current People and Culture principles, best practice, frameworks and trends
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the desire to build and nurture effective working relationships, previous leadership experience is advantageous but not essential for success
- Demonstrated strength in managing complex ER matters
- Strong ability to develop and execute strategic skills, business acumen, commercial awareness and skilled in managing multiple stakeholders and competing, challenging priorities
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail
- A team-focused mindset along with an ability to work autonomously when required
With a dispersed client group across a number of regional branches, some interstate and intermittent intrastate travel will be required in this role. As such, applicants will need a current open drivers licence.
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application