Assistant Financial Accountant
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a strong team of experienced professionals working in our corporate service functions from our Head Office in the Brisbane CBD. These teams work alongside the legal staff of Shine to progress and grow our practice, via our 40+ offices across Australia. We now have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Financial Accountant, to join our friendly and dedicated Finance team, and support the law firm with a difference that always aims for the best results for its clients.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, in this role you’ll be responsible for preparing end of month entries for monthly management accounts, as well as for half and full year statutory financial reports. You’ll complete monthly accounts and tasks for our subsidiaries, prepare or review general ledger reconciliations for key account balances, and ensure Shine is compliant with current legislative requirements.
You’ll be technologically savvy, with the ability to work across a variety of accounting software packages, as our accounting team are preparing to undergo a technological transformation. You’ll also have a strong commitment to process improvement across our accounting functions.
This is an ideal role for someone currently studying or wishing to study their CA or CPA, as we have many experienced qualified accountants in this business who would love to help you learn and grow.
- Demonstrated experience in a Finance Officer or Assistant Accountant role or similar
- Exposure to working within an ASX-listed environment or a large multinational subsidiary is highly advantageous, as is exposure to working in a professional services firm
- Expertise in monthly, half yearly and yearly reporting
- Thorough understanding of principles accounting and reconciliation of hire purchases, prepayments, accruals, rent incentives and make goods, as well as FBT and BAS returns
- Strong relationship management skills, with the ability to manage multiple geographically dispersed stakeholders
- Deadline driven, with superb attention to detail
- Practical problem solving skills, and the ability to manage competing priorities
- A bachelor degree in finance, accounting or commerce is essential
- Those candidates currently undertaking, or wishing to undertake, their CA/CPA are highly encouraged to apply
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application