Accounts Payable Project Officer
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a strong team of experienced professionals working in our corporate service functions from our Head Office in the Brisbane CBD. These teams work alongside the legal staff of Shine to progress and grow our practice, via our 40+ offices across Australia. We now have an exciting, newly created opportunity for an Accounts Payable Project Officer to support our Accounts team and manager, on a 12 month fixed term contract, based in our Brisbane CBD head office.
Please note that although this role is a 12 month fixed term contract, opportunities for extension or permanency exist for the right candidate, dependent on business needs.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, this role is an exciting opportunity to showcase your in-depth knowledge of the accounts payable function and strong organisational skills, whilst supporting the Accounts Payable manager with a variety of interesting projects. You’ll support the Accounts Payable manager with the mentoring and coaching of a small team, leading by example as we move towards best practice accounts payable
You’ll undertake business-as-usual Accounts Payable, problem solving for employees and vendors with a customer focussed approach, and taking a high level of accountability for ensuring all vendor invoices are processed accurately against matters and general ledger accounts. You’ll seek to improve procedures reducing accounts payable issues through early identification of potential problems, whilst supporting the Accounts Payable team by sharing specialist knowledge, and assisting team members with all Accounts Payable processes.
Your excellent stakeholder management skills will see you building strong relationships, both internally and externally, working closely with the Accounts Payable manager to identify significant issues likely to impact the function, and identifying areas for improvement. You’ll provide sound advice to internal customers.
Your strong understanding of technologies and processes relevant to Accounts Payable will see you supporting a variety of projects, such as the implementation of a new expense management system, and improving our accounts payable procedures and processes, all the while ensuring that our Accounts Payable function maintains a high commitment to quality.
- Significant demonstrated experience in a full function, high volume Accounts Payable role
- A high level of expertise in AP processes and procedures
- Leadership skills, either formally or informally – you may have acted as 2IC or as a senior AP member of staff in the past
- An organised approach and the ability to prioritise workload for yourself and others
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of AP technologies, including experience with a large ERP
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Ability to work and contribute to a positive team focussed attitude, including the capability to deal with conflicting and confidential administrative priorities to meet payment timeframes
- Practical problem solving skills, with high level investigative, analytical and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a strong focus on quality customer service
- Proven experience in the procedures required to deliver exceptional accounts payable process, with a commitment to best practice
- Well-developed ability to work independently within a team environment
- Exposure to a variety of AP focussed projects, including implementation of new systems and procedures, is highly desirable
- Experience in Elite3E is ideal, but not essential for success
Please note that this role will require some regular travel to our Toowoomba office.
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application