Settlement Services Team Operator
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
Our 40+ busy offices across Australia continue to progress and grow their practices aiming for the best results for their clients. Due to growth and internal movement we have a new opportunity to join our busy Settlement Services Team (SST) as an SST Operator, in our friendly Toowoomba office, on a full-time six month contract basis. This team are responsible for ensuring defendants/superannuation funds comply with terms of settlement and payment of settlement funds to our clients.
Note that although this role is a six month contract, opportunities for extension or development exist for the right candidate, dependent on business needs.
- Liaise with clients, super funds, defendant solicitors, insurance companies and government agencies
- Oversee the flow of finances, including paying clients and external providers
- Compile and forward information for clients in the post settlement phase
- Liaise with internal legal departments
- Navigate our practice management system Elite
- As required office administration (including mail requirements, photocopying, filing, stationery requirements, office purchases etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in an administration role requiring a high level of attention to detail
- Exposure to settlements in banking, insurance, legal or similar industry is essential
- Experience with a legal management system such as Elite is highly desirable.
- A commitment to customer service, ensuring the very best for our clients
- Experience in liaising with superannuation funds is highly favourable
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to handle tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application