Legal Costings Officer
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
The role of the Legal Costings Officer is to give support to the department’s accounts section in the reconciliation of disbursements for costing client matters. We currently have a 6 month contract for a Legal Costings Officer to join our busy team. We are open to candidates working out of either our Brisbane or our Toowoomba offices, and welcome applications from candidates in either location.
Please note that there is a possibility of extension or permanency for the right candidate, dependent on business needs.
Reporting to the National Costing Solicitor, the primary functions of this role are:
- Investigate and reconcile disbursements across two systems
- Collate soft and hard copy documentation
- Provide general administrative and other support and assistance to the Legal Costing Team
The Successful Applicant
The ideal applicant will have a strong background working with Microsoft Excel and reconciliations experience. The role requirements are as follows:
- Accounting or bookkeeping experience, with a reconciliation and general ledger focus
- Excellent typing and administration skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- An investigative nature, with the drive to “get to the bottom” of things
- Strong attention to detail, particularly English grammar and numeracy
- Computer literate
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
What We Offer
A national ASX-listed company with great aspirations, growth and emerging practice areas. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application