Claims Assessor - Disability, Insurance & Superannuation
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have strong national Disability, Insurance and Superannuation team at Shine. Our team work on a number of complex insurance claims and superannuation matters, guiding clients towards the best possible outcome under their insurance policy arrangements, through what can be a difficult time. We don’t shy away from a fight and we continually challenge the insurers head on to ensure justice prevails. Continued growth in the department has led to an opportunity to join this high-performing team as a Claims Assessor, on a full time permanent basis.
The broad focus of your role will be to conduct phone-based interviews with clients of Shine regarding their individual circumstances and insurance entitlements, reviewing insurance policies, and assessing their prospects of a successful superannuation insurance benefits claim.
You will guide these clients through a series of questions relating to their current circumstances, ensuring detailed collection of information, and liaise with superannuation and insurance firms in order to obtain relevant information and documentation.
You’ll interpret and apply a large range of superannuation/insurance policies and other documentation such as medical reports and financial documents, assess the client’s contract of insurance against their individual circumstances, make recommendations regarding our client’s prospects, and prepare the client’s file so as to ensure successful settlement of our clients’ matters.
This role suits a candidate who is able to be genuine and empathetic, whilst ensuring the utmost of professionalism at all times. You’ll have an excellent phone manner, with the ability to deal with customers from all walks of life, coupled with exceptional attention to detail, and outstanding literacy skills for reviewing policy documentation.
- Current law students, or previous experience in an administration or customer service role within a law firm, is highly desirable
- Experienced in customer service , dealing with detailed and sometimes lengthy client conversations
- Experience dealing with clients that require sensitivity due to their personal circumstances
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely
- Excellent literacy skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience reading and interpreting complex information
- A self-motivated attitude with a drive to investigate and uncover new information
- Knowledge of, or exposure to, the superannuation or insurance industries, or medical terminology, is desirable, but not essential for success
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application