Manager - Settlements & Recoveries
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
Our 40+ busy offices across Australia continue to progress and grow their practices aiming for the best results for their clients. We now have an opportunity to lead our busy Settlement Services Team (SST), based in our Toowoomba office, as the Manager – Settlements and Recoveries. These teams are responsible for ensuring defendants comply with terms of settlement and the delivering of compensation to our clients.
As the Manager – Settlements and Recoveries, you’ll be responsible for providing a strategic approach to managing the end to end settlements and recoveries function, with high levels of client care, reporting to the business, and provision of strong strategic leadership and oversight of multiple geographically dispersed teams.
You and your teams will be accountable for managing the insurers, health insurers, regulatory (i.e. Centrelink, WorkCover) refund, payment and settlement processes including national bulk settlements. You’ll drive strategies to ensure that the client experience exceeds expectations, and implement sound financial decision making to ensure that you attain and exceed relevant annual financial budgets for the function.
You’ll provide strong people leadership; coaching and mentoring across the function, in order to build a strong team with high levels of expertise and quality client care. Your reporting expertise will see you provide cash flow forecasts, and your problem-solving nature will assist you in reaching a compliant and commercial outcome in the best interests of our clients and the firm.
You’ll actively engage with our technology teams to ensure the function is working efficiently and effectively, and utilise your own experience to ensure recoveries, settlements and disbursement processes are managed effectively and continually improved upon.
- Significant demonstrated experience leading large, high performance teams, ideally in the legal, banking or insurance sectors
- Expertise in managing a large and diverse portfolio of incoming and outstanding monies
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong commercial acumen, with the ability to manage budgets, justify expenditure, and implement sound financial decision making
- The ability to mentor and develop teams to ensure continuous improvement and embed a high performance culture
- A strong client focus, committed to securing required legal outcomes
- Technologically savvy, with the ability to work closely with our IT teams to manage data analytics
- Previous experience and exposure to working in the legal industry and with insurers is favourable
- Formal legal, financial or commerce qualifications are highly desirable, but not essential for success
Please note that the ability to travel regularly between Brisbane and Toowoomba and, on occasion, interstate, is an essential requirement of this role.
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application