Claims Investigations Officer
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Claims Investigations Officer to join Disability & Superannuation Law team, in our Brisbane CBD head office, on a permanent full time basis. This phone-based role is responsible for conducting interviews, gathering information, and analysing insurance and superannuation policies and medical evidence, to ensure the best outcome for our clients.
- Management of inbound and outbound calls with relevant stakeholders including clients, Superannuation Funds, Insurers and medical professionals.
- Conducting telephone interviews with potential clients to obtain sufficient information to assess their prospects of making a successful superannuation insurance benefits claim
- Solicitation of relevant information from, and drafting correspondence to, Superannuation Funds and Insurers, as well as solicitation and analysis of medical evidence
- Interpretation of information provided by Superannuation Funds and Insurers.
- Analysis and application of a large range of Insurance Policies.
- Interpretation and application of medical records, reports etc.
- Preparation of a case memorandum for Review Panel with the view to converting the matter to a current file of the firm.
- Explaining and obtaining a signed Costs Agreement from a potential client.
- Drafting detailed correspondence to clients regarding their potential entitlements including letters of advice and decline correspondence.
Required skills and experiencce
- Experience in a phone-based role, dealing with detailed, and sometimes lengthy, client conversations.
- Experience dealing with clients that require sensitivity due to their personal circumstances.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Excellent literacy skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Experience reading and interpreting complex information
- A self-motivated attitude, with a drive to investigate and uncover new information.
- Experience working autonomously including management of individual diaries and KPI’s.
- Knowledge of, or exposure to, the superannuation or insurance industries, or medical terminology, is highly desirable.
- Those candidates who are currently studying law, or similar, with the availability to work full time on an ongoing basis, are encouraged to apply.
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.