Media and Communications Team Leader
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Media and Communications Team Leader, to join us in our Melbourne CBD office, and lead a small, but high-performing, team. This role is also hands on, and is responsible for the development and implementation of media and communications strategies that build and protect the Shine Lawyers brand, and achieve planned targets.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will drive the performance of your state-based Media Advisor team, and oversee the planning, coordination and successful execution of all firm media activities. You’ll also provide strategic insights and advice to the senior leadership team, and be responsible for mitigating matters that could potentially negatively impact the Shine Lawyers brand and reputation.
You’ll be highly motivated, creative, dynamic and well organised, with a strong client focus. You’ll think strategically, but understand the practicalities of working tactically, and you’ll have outstanding problem solving skills, able to think laterally and creatively.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute a Media and Communications Strategy, optimising the investment of team resources and focusing on supporting key growth areas and areas needing assistance
- Proactively identify opportunities for firm media coverage, by liaising with key internal stakeholders, and keeping abreast of news, whilst ensuring media materials are compliant with relevant legislation.
- Monitor, measure and report on media coverage and initiatives, ensuring consistency of messaging and alignment with Shine Lawyers brand strategy and values.
- Keep abreast of matters that have the potential to negatively impact the Shine Lawyers brand and reputation, and advising senior leadership team of strategies for risk management and mitigation.
- Develop and execute a media training program for all Company spokespersons.
- Organise and facilitate media conferences, including the briefing of key spokespeople and clients
- Develop new and nurture existing media relationships.
- Develop and execute a schedule of proactive, data-based media stories based on Company generated or purchased data to tap into key annual media events.
- Review data and key insights to enhance the effectiveness of media campaigns.
- Develop media program for annual Erin Brockovich roadshow that maximises media and publicity opportunities and strengthens journalist contacts.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Significant demonstrated experience in Media and Communications, ideally working within complex national or publicly listed companies
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to inspire your team to consistently deliver high quality work and meet deadlines
- The expertise to successfully develop and implement media and communication strategies and plans for national brands
- Experience working with both traditional and non-traditional media and communications channels, with an understanding of the importance of integration with digital media and social platforms
- Strong relationships with local, national and industry media outlets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of internal and external Company stakeholders
- Speed, accuracy and a clear attention to detail
- Tertiary qualifications in Media, Public Relations or related fields are highly desirable, but not essential for success.
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.