Legal Operations Assistant
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
Our 40 busy offices across Australia continue to progress and grow their practices aiming for the best results for their clients. Due to an internal movement, we now have a permanent full time opportunity for a committed, client focused and enthusiastic Legal Operations Assistant. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with paralegal experience who is interested in developing their business management skills.
This role has been created to provide support to General Manager VIC, as well as undertaking a variety of operational and project focused activities, including reporting and analysis, report and presentation writing, preparation of business papers and correspondence, and some administrative duties. You will partner with our Victorian Branch Managers, applying your strong knowledge of Personal Injury law support key projects for VIC branches in order to drive outcomes and efficiencies.
You will be primarily based in the Melbourne CBD branch, however you will need to be agile to attend our other 6 Victorian branches, including regional branches such as Ballarat and Geelong. This role suits an enthusiastic, dedicated and motivated individual, who can be flexible when priorities change, and who can proactively identify opportunities to achieve key business metrics for Victoria.
- Management and coordination of VIC specific projects as directed by the GM
- Operational support to the GM and Branch Managers, as directed by the GM
- Act as first point of contact for project and operational enquiries to the GM with the confidence to communicate and, where appropriate, make decisions on the GM’s behalf;
- Reporting, analysis and provision of recommendations as requested by the GM
- Perform compilation of relevant reports and presentations, editing as requested by the GM, and distribution;
- Provide ongoing feedback to the GM of outcomes or concerns raised by senior management and other staff to help promote a strong and ethical culture within the organisation;
- Attend management meetings, ensuring all actions, outcomes and reports required are collated and distributed;
- Preparing, formatting and checking documents, letters and reports for the GM
As well as administrative duties including:
- Coordinate the diary of the GM to ensure that key business targets are met, priorities are continually highlighted, and key areas of concern are in the forefront of the minds of management and staff;
- Support coordination of invoice payment, travel bookings and reconciliations for the GM;
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in the field of personal injury law, ideally as a paralegal or legal assistant
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly collaborative and consultative approach to influencing and building strong stakeholder relationships
- A driven, motivated nature, with the initiative to identify improvements, and problem solve
- Advanced software experience with various computer packages including MS Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of managing competing deadlines and requirements from various stakeholders
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines and prioritise work, in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with implementation of business initiatives
- Strong administration skills, with exposure to diary management highly desirable
- Project Management experience is highly desirable, but not essential for success
- Experience preparing formal business papers and reports is highly desirable, but not essential for success
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do.
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application