Executive Assistant to the CEO
Come and right wrong with us. Shine Lawyers is a non-traditional law firm committed to providing justice for our clients and standing up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a strong team of experienced professionals working in all corporate service functions from our Head Office in the Brisbane CBD. These teams work alongside the legal teams of Shine to progress and grow our practice via our 40+ offices across Australia. We now have a rare opportunity for an Executive Assistant to the CEO of Shine Lawyers to join us, to support the law firm with a difference, that always aims for the best results for its clients. This role will be based out of our Brisbane CBD Head Office.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer of Shine Lawyers, you will be responsible for supporting and coordinating a hands-on, energetic, and nationally mobile executive. This will be a true opportunity to work at the coal-face of Shine, partnering with the CEO of a growing publicly listed organisation.
Your ability to analyse and collate important information quickly and succinctly will see you responsible for coordinating and producing a variety of board-level reports, utilising PowerPoint and Excel, as well as minute-taking at the board level. You’ll follow up on action items, coordinating and contributing to a variety of projects, both individually, and collaboratively across the organisation, delegated by the CEO.
You will take carriage of complex diary and travel management, with a focus on forward planning and schedule adherence, ensuring that all parties are provided with necessary information and agendas prior to meetings. You’ll prioritise our CEO’s emails, and manage her internal work priorities, and external work commitments. You’ll advise the CEO of matters requiring personal attention, with associated deadlines, and prepare relevant documentation.
You’ll utlise your exceptional stakeholder management skills, establishing communications between key stakeholders internally and externally, whilst also acting as a gatekeeper, and undertaking all activities with a high level of discretion, confidentiality and poise.
- Demonstrated experience, and proven success, as an Executive Assistant to a C-suite executive.
- Exposure to, and a thorough understanding of, the operational complexities that come with working in a publicly listed company.
- A highly organised, proactive nature, with the ability to forward plan an executive’s requirements and ensure their adherence to schedule.
- Intermediate to advanced software skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with proficiency in both reporting at a board level, and the professional presentation of such reports.
- Minute taking experience at a board level with outstanding attention to detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies (such as Prince2), with the capability to work within, and coordinate, project groups.
- An adaptable nature: flexible, resilient and capable of managing competing priorities and changing deadlines, within a fast-paced corporate environment
- Polished presentation and poise, with the confidence to deal with stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience within a range of industries is attractive to us – exposure to the legal sector is not essential for success.
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your applications.
Please note that we are currently not accepting candidates from Recruitment Agencies regarding this role.