Senior Solicitor Medical Law - Brisbane
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professionals who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a strong Medical Law presence in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, helping our clients achieve justice.
Our Solicitors, Law Clerks, Paralegals and Administration professionals have worked on a number of major claims including the highest award for damages in Queensland by our local team in Mules v Ferguson 2015. Significant growth in our talented team and also through positive media exposure has produced an organic increase in clients choosing to be represented by this high-performing team.
We are now seeking an experienced Senior Solicitor in Medical Law to join us in our Brisbane CBD office.
- Deliver an excellent standard of client care and develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with our clients
- Manage a portfolio of medical law matters through to settlement whilst also identifying internal referral opportunities
- Obtain maximum financial compensation for all clients suffering a loss by negligent medical professionals
- Draft legal documents to an advanced standard, including correspondence, statements, instructions to experts and all Court documents
- Proactively build the external profile of the Queensland practice identifying opportunities and representing the firm at external events and conferences, also embracing media opportunities
- Proactively network across the industry to develop external relationships with other professionals and closely aligned organisations and building networks and growing the business through referral relationships
- Proactively coach and mentor junior Authors, Law Clerks, Paralegals and Administrative team members
- Direct leadership, development and management of a Paralegal
- Achieve and exceed set targets in relation to performance and professional development
- Be commercially responsible and fiscally aware, in relation to running files
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with clients, including effective and regular communication and managing client's expectations
- Contribute to training and development initiatives within the team as required.
- Permanent full-time position
- Location: Brisbane CBD
- Extensive post admission experience, ideally at Associate or Senior Associate level
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge in the field of medical negligence is essential
- Demonstrated ability as a strong technical lawyer in injury law is essential
- Ability to manage large volumes of documents and files
- Enjoy working on legally challenging and factually complex matters
- Previous experience directly or indirectly managing junior team members and support staff
- Maturity and confidence to deal with clients, senior and junior counsel and expert witnesses
- A desire to be part of a strong, cohesive team that works together to get great results
- Ability to communicate effectively with experts in multiple fields and
- Passionate individual who wants to take this business to the next level in growing and building the practice
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all we do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application. Please note that due to the Christmas period, we may not review applications until after Monday 7th January 2019. Please expect a slight delay in responding.